"The senator and I have become like brothers, like friends."
Florida doctor and Menendez donor Salomon Melgen, quoted by Bloomberg, 4/2/13
- 5/7/13 Menendez Asked Justice to Delay Merger Opposed by Donor
- 4/15/13 Sources: Menendez holding up vote on resolution honoring Margaret Thatcher
- 4/2/13 Menendez donor: ‘They took away my dignity’
- 4/2/13 Donor Says He Sought Menendez on Medicare Regulations
- 3/27/13 Menendez donor reveals lobbying effort – four years late
- 3/20/13 Robert Menendez donor courted President Obama, Harry Reid
- 3/14/13 Grand jury investigating Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), people familiar with probe say
- 3/4/13 Menendez’s bill could have aided donor’s investment
- 2/25/13 Daily Caller: Long-time escort confirms Senator Bob Menendez paid her for sex
- 2/21/13 Politico: Poll – Robert Menendez Approval Plummets
AFF Places Illuminating Menendez Ad
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Contact: Mandy Fletcher Fraher (515) 720-5250
American Future Fund is placing a full page print ad in DC publications today regarding Robert Melendez's position as Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. The ad highlights quotes from respected news organizations over the past few weeks which seriously question Mendendez's qualifications and ethics problems. Menendez's alleged ethical lapses cover everything from underage prostitution to trading political favors for he and his friends. As the New York Times wrote, "Senator Robert Menendez was never a distinguished choice for chairman..." Now, new disclosures about alleged previous abuses of power and FBI investigations into prostitution are making his ascension to Chairman all the more untenable.
In addition to the print ad, AFF's new website, RobertMenendez.com is live and will follow their scrutiny.
Nick Ryan, founder of AFF, stated, "It is astonishing that a member of the US Senate so heavily embroiled in scandal could serve as the Foreign Relations Chairman. FBI raids, underage prostitutes, political threats - these are not the attributes of a US Senator, much less a committee chairman. Robert Menendez brings a whole new meaning to Senate foreign relations."
View the Ad Below: